Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chapter 40

Chapter 40 is up, but it is a bit short. Ok, it's very short. After the (scathing) review that I received I am not sure what to do with the story. I have 40 chapters written. Many of them I'm not exactly proud of at the present moment. I wasn't too proud of a lot of them in the past either. Right now I'm tired and not focused enough to do much good with writing Enchanting Scales. I've also had my mind clamped onto the idea of another story that came to me in a dream and is turning more and more steadily into a romance novel/mystery/crap.

Anyway, I'm going to try to start revising the chapters one by one. Chapter 1 was hard for me to write so I can only imagine how hard it is for someone to read. I'm going to start there and work my way down. I'm going to try and update for those of you that read it. I'm going to see how it goes over the rest of this week. If I can't keep up with the writing and the editing I'm going to have to cut back on the editing. I might not get readers or fans because of grammatical errors or misspellings or typos and a story that's a bit disjointed without much discription, but I have to write it out. If I don't it will burn inside of my head. I already have enough trouble sleeping as it is anyway.

I would like for my readers to enjoy the story. I would like to continue to update daily. The "chapters" may get shorter. I might reoranize it and call them something else. They could stay as chapters. The chapters could get longer or shorter. I'll make a post every time I edit a chapter and you can read it and see how you like it or whatever, but I will keep the original copy for anyone who might like it.

Lates.

2 comments:

Roxy said...

Dear Amanda,
I am quite enjoying your story, and I hope you'll stay with it. The large number of misspellings, typos and substituted words can be a bit distracting, and give it an amiture feel. I wonder if using microsoft word's spellchecker and grammar editor would help? (or a similar program) The story is engaging and fun. I love the protagonists, and there are surprises in each chapter that keep it interesting. Today's cliffhanger has me on the edge of my chair.

Amanda Cast said...

Dear Roxy,

I'm sorry! I'm a terrible person. I couldn't get the words right when I was trying to write 41 (though honestly that has never stopped me before) but I hope that you enjoy it when it does come to me (hopefully today after work and errands and crap).

I hate to make excuses for the face that there are typos and such. I really should read it over more carefully and it does boil down to be soully my fault, but damn it all if this stupid keyboard doesn't drop enough letters to make me go crazy. It's bad when I catch most of them. You know, they should really make it so that you can switch out keyboards easily and inexpensively on a laptop. That would make my life a million times easier. Keys that stick are annoying.

Anyway, thank you for the positive feed back and I do intend on going back through the story and cleaning it up a bit. Mostly it will have to be handled on my days off though so that I can keep a good updating schedule.

Thanks,

Amanda